Shanti Yoga and Ayurveda 2018 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Learn to teach yoga and deepen your practice with this foundational 200 hour yoga teacher training program. This course is ideal for serious students of yoga and aspiring teachers.
The Shanti Yoga and Ayurveda 200-hour in-depth yoga teacher training is a 6 month long intensive program in which Larry, Shiya, Jessie, and guest lecturers will lead you as you learn and develop the skills, tools, knowledge and compassion to teach safe, energetic and empowering yoga classes. The training provides a blueprint for incorporating the physical, psychological, spiritual, and mystical aspects of yoga into modern life, without losing sight of the universal goal of the practice: liberation. Emphasizing interconnectedness and a non-dualistic view of life, this training will help you to dive deep into the practice that awakens within us a need to act compassionately and support all life on Earth. Participants will gain the skills to confidently achieve those goals for themselves, as well as the ability to teach others how to live in harmony.
This training program explores yoga philosophy and scriptures, ayurveda and applying ayurveda to teaching, Jyotish (Vedic Astrology), history of yoga, introduction to anatomy, practice teaching sessions, study groups, mentor guidance, some quizzes , midterm and final tests, and all aspects of the Shanti Yoga and Ayurveda Vinyasa practice.
We offer this training to help deepen your practice and to provide an opportunity to teach at the studio. You will graduate with all the tools needed to lead class if that is your intention.
Throughout the 6 month intensive training participants will experience:
- Comprehensive studies in teaching asana including alignment, adjustments and assists
- Class structure and sequencing
- Teaching and practicing Pranayama and meditation
- Anatomy of the physical and subtle body
- Yoga philosophy and scripture including sanskrit studies; the Yoga Sutra, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Upanishads, The Bhagavad Gita and more
- Ayurveda Healing and applying Ayurveda to teaching Yoga Asana
- Jyotish (Vedic Astrology)
- Health and wellness
- Business and ethics for yoga teachers
- Karma yoga and seva, which is an integral aspect of the Shanti Yoga and Ayurvda training, learning to use yoga to facilitate personal empowerment and fostering community collaboration through service.
- Bhakti Yoga ( Yoga of Devotion) and Kirtan
- Restorative and Chakra Yoga
- On line and in person forum for your questions
- Free access to all classes and workshops during the training
Commitment: The SYA 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training will meet every Wednesday from 6-8pm and one weekend a month for 14 hours (Friday 6-8, Saturday and Sunday 10am-5pm). Trainees are expected to attend all teacher training classes and complete ALL assignments. There will be 3 accepted absences total (week day meetings ONLY), students who exceed these will be considered for graduation on a case by case basis.
How to Apply To reserve a place in the training you must send your complete application, along with a $100 application fee. In order to receive the early registration price, your $500 deposit must be made in full by the early registration date. Enrollment is limited and we may accept last minute applications only if there is space in the program
Students who complete the 200-Hour Teacher Training program will:
- Deepen their practice and understanding of yoga.
- Know how to structure and create a cohesive well-rounded vinyasa yoga class.
- Acquire an understanding of yoga philosophy and how to thread it into vinyasa yoga classes.
- Have the confidence and tools to begin teaching yoga.
- Students will also receive a diploma and Letter of Completion which they can use to register with Yoga Alliance.
- Completion of this program will also qualify students for admission into Shanti Yoga Shala’s 300-Hour Professional Program and open the door to career opportunities at Shanti Yoga and Ayurveda.
- Early registration by December 1st is $2200, after 1/10 $2500. Pay in full by January 15th and Save $200! A payment plan is available: $286 ($314.30 for non-early registration) a month after the deposit (due at each weekend meeting)
- A non-refundable $500 deposit (payable in two payments, $100 application fee is deducted from deposit) to complete registration after you have been accepted.
200-hour Program Tuition Includes:
- Shanti Yoga and Ayurveda’s 200-hour comprehensive Teacher Training Manual
- Unlimited yoga at SYA for the duration of the teacher training; you are expected to practice at SYA at least 3 times a week in addition to the monthly training weekends.
- A discount price on all workshops
Note: Students who pay in full 30 days before the program start date will be able to start their unlimited yoga at that time. The $500 deposit is included in the total price of tuition.