Shanti Yoga Shala 200-hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
Learn to teach yoga with this the foundational 200 hour vinyasa yoga teacher training program. This course is ideal for serious students of yoga and aspiring teachers.
The Shanti Yoga Shala 200-hour in-depth vinyasa yoga teacher training is a 6 month long intensive program in which our highly qualified and experienced teachers will lead you as you learn and develop the skills, tools, knowledge and compassion to teach safe, energetic and empowering yoga classes. The training provides a blueprint for incorporating the physical, psychological, spiritual, and mystical aspects of yoga into modern life, without losing sight of the universal goal of the practice: liberation. Emphasizing interconnectedness and a non-dualistic view of life, this training will help you to dive deep into the practice that awakens within us a need to act compassionately and support all life on Earth. Participants will gain the skills to confidently achieve those goals for themselves, as well as the ability to teach others how to live in harmony.
This training program covers yoga philosophy and scriptures, history of yoga, introduction to Sanskrit, introduction to anatomy, practice teaching sessions, study groups, mentor guidance, quizzes, midterm and final tests, and all aspects of the Shanti Yoga Shala Vinyasa practice.
Throughout the 6 month intensive training participants will experience:
- Comprehensive studies in teaching asana including alignment, adjustments and assists
- Class structure and sequencing
- Teaching and practicing Pranayama and meditation
- Anatomy of the physical and subtle body
- Yoga philosophy and scripture including sanskrit studies; the Yoga Sutra, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Upanishads and more
- Health and wellness
- Business and ethics for yoga teachers
- Karma yoga and seva, which is an integral aspect of the Shanti Yoga Shala training, learning to use yoga to facilitate personal empowerment and fostering community collaboration through service.
Commitment: The SYS 200 hr Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training will meet every Wednesday from 6:30-9:30pm and one weekend a month for 14 hours (Friday 6-8, Saturday and Sunday 10am-5pm). Trainees are expected to attend all teacher training classes and complete ALL assignments. There will be 3 accepted absences total (week day meetings ONLY), students who exceed these will be considered for graduation on a case by case basis.
How to Apply To reserve a place in the training you must send your complete application, along with a $100 application fee. In order to receive the early registration price, your $500 deposit must be made in full by the early registration date. Enrollment is limited and we may accept last minute applications only if there is space in the program
- Click here to download a PDF of application
- Click here to download a word doc of application
- Email email@example.com for an application
Students who complete the 200-Hour Teacher Training program will:
- Deepen their practice and understanding of yoga.
- Know how to structure and create a cohesive well-rounded vinyasa yoga class.
- Acquire an understanding of yoga philosophy and how to thread it into vinyasa yoga classes.
- Have the confidence and tools to begin teaching yoga.
- Students will also receive a diploma and Letter of Completion which they can use to register with Yoga Alliance.
- Completion of this program will also qualify students for admission into Shanti Yoga Shala’s 300-Hour Professional Program and open the door to career opportunities at Shanti Yoga Shala.
- Early registration by February 15th is $2200, after 2/15 $2500. A payment plan is available: $200 ($227.27 for non-early registration) a month after the deposit (due at each weekend meeting)
- A non-refundable $500 deposit (payable in two payments) to complete registration after you have been accepted.
200-hour Program Tuition Includes:
- Shanti Yoga Shala’s 200-hour Teacher Training Manual. Unlimited yoga at SYS for the duration of the teacher training; you are expect to practice at SYS at least 3 times a week in addition to the monthly training weekends.
- A discount price on all workshops
- A 10% discount on boutique items during the duration of the training.
Note: Students who pay in full 30 days before the program start date will be able to start their unlimited yoga at that time. The $500 deposit is included in the total price of tuition.